Monday, August 13, 2007

Memories of Precious Memories

In my last post, I said that WGTE showed "Precious Memories" during it's pledge drive...so let's rekindle some precious memories from that special,

Here's the opening titles, inspired by "Family Feud"

Kathy, Janet and Mimi Lennon singing "Ava Maria"

Gail Farrell at the piano singing, "You Can Do Anything"

Joe Feeney and son Chris Feeney singing "Walk On"

And what inspiration Welk special would not be complete without Ralna English!

Now that brought back some....precious memories! That was too easy.

I did pledge my own moolah when it first aired back in the day, got the combo pack featuring the DVD, CD and the playing cards...they are very nice.

Especially the playing cards, great for solitare, poker or playing "Card Sharks."


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Mike said...

I'm really not a fan of these modern day Welk specials. Among other faults, they tend to ignore the more obscure, quirkier tunes in favour of tired, bland, well-known ones.

And don't get me started on that patriotic one...