Friday, August 10, 2007

On The Groovy Side with the Lennon Sisters

It all began with a brief clip from "Lawrence Welk's TV Treasures,"

The clip I was referring to was the Lennon Sisters with their rendition of The Fifth Dimension's super hit "Up Up And Away", after hearing just a few bars of that song, I liked it and found it catchy....but what album did that song come from?

Enter my friend, the Shirl who runs the popular Lennon Sisters Blog...

She told me that the track came from the Lennon Sisters' On The Groovy Side album, and with that....I found a print of the album on sale for ebay, bid on it and won it.

In addition to "Up Up And Away" the album has plenty of great songs on there, such as "Ode To Billy Joe", "Prisoner Of Love" and "Sunny."

Thanks Shirl....and here's the fun track listings and stuff for "On The Groovy Side"

SIDE ONE

1. GOIN' OUT OF MY HEAD

2. TILL

3. SUNNY

4. NEVER MY LOVE

5. I LOVE

6. UP, UP AND AWAY


SIDE TWO

1. I WILL WAIT FOR YOU

2. PRISONER OF LOVE

3. GYPSY, WHAT CAN I DO

4. ODE TO BILLY JOE

5. COUNT ME IN

Released by Dot Records in 1967, produced by Snuffy Garrett


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

shirelygrrl said...

Your most welcome! Gotta share the Lennon Sisters lurve.