Friday, September 04, 2009

Galveston was never a pain in the brass

Galveston was one of the first Lawrence Welk albums I bought and to this day, it's still one of my favorites

 
It's got that big brassy sound provided by the Champagne Music Makers, especially from the horn section plus some great guitar and keyboard work as well.

Several of the songs covered are just a few of the many hit songs that Glen Campbell made famous.
 
Here are a few cuts from the album for your listening pleasure....

 
Galveston....the title track (Glen Campbell)



 
Honey....first made famous by Bobby Goldsboro



 
And finally....Gentle On My Mind (Rhinestone Cowboy Glen again)



Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read that article. Thank author for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Anonymous said...

It was extremely interesting for me to read the post. Thanx for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.