Wednesday, September 03, 2008

JB's excellent Branson adventure: Day Two

It's Wednesday in Branson, and it's still raining.....

Somewhere near Table Rock Lake, there's a wooden ark with an old man accompanied by several animals (two of every kind).

It does feel like forty days and forty nights, but still...my second day overall (first full) here has plenty of highlights, fun and excitement that one can handle. I woke up around 6am, got dressed and had breakfast at the Stage Door Restaurant (free vouchers...WHO HOO!) and took a few more pictures of the Resort.

After a quick trip to Walgreens for some Alka-Seltzer (I hate it when I start the day with a crabby stomach and the chills), it was off in my car (in the rain) and to Highway 76 to visit the fine venues such as the RFD-TV Theater as well as the Andy Williams' Moon River, Jim Stafford, Yakov Smirnoff and the Oak Ridge Boys Theater....no actual performances, but was able to go in their gift shops.

Also visited the Titanic museum...very educational and authentic, even though I thought it was an excuse to promote James Cameron's movie of the same name.

After a nice lunch at one of Branson's finest buffet eatin' joints, it was back to the Welk Resort where I prepared for tonight's 8:00 show. Everyone was excellent, the stars were in top form and as always a pleasure to meet and chat with after the show....and the best part was I get to do it again tommorrow night!

That's Day Two in a nutshell, should be less rain in the forecast which is nice. I'll talk to you fans in Welkland out there until then!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: