Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Greetings from Branson! Thursday edition

Morning kids, I'm feeling much better (rest will do that to you) so let's share more of my Branson pictures. These are from Thursday, September 4th.

Here's yours truly with the Maestro himself.....

I visited the Dick Clark's American Bandstand Theater, and ate lunch at the AB Grille....

Next, I ventured into downtown Branson for some shopping, in fine places like this vintage five and dime.....

That's where I got my Mexican Jumping Beans....and unlike old times, nothing in the store was priced either a dime or a nickel.

Meanwhile, back on Highway 76....

Presley's Country Julibee, the Granddaddy of them all,

Then it was back to the Welk Resort.....

Here's Mimi Lennon gonna catch the two o' clock matinee!

Later on that evening, it was time for the eight o' clock show.....

Anacani thrills the audience with the "West Side Story" medley,

.....and later, Tom Netherton, Jo Ann Castle and Mary Lou Metzger join the rest on stage for the closing number.

The real reason why I have both my webpage and blog online, to spready my joy and fandom of all things Welk....

Here's Tim Padilla viewing the wepage, and that was exciting!

Friday, it was time for me to head home...I would go back to Branson anytime and recommend staying at the Welk Resort, the staff there was friendly, the service was exceptional and the facilites are first class!

And you'll never know who you run into in the lobby!


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: