Well, this week all the public television stations will air the Salute to Grammy Winning Songs episode from '74.
Which leads me to today's post, if the Music Makers aired another episode of that same theme, which Grammy songs would they cover?
I think it would go something like this.....
1. UP UP AND AWAY (1968 Song of the Year) - Gail, Mary Lou, Cissy, Ralna, Dick, Ken, Bobby & Guy
2. THE BATTLE OF NEW ORLEANS (1960 Song of the Year) - Clay Hart on guitar
3. SEXYBACK (2007 Best Dance Recording) - the orchestra
4. DON'T KNOW WHY (2003 Female Pop Vocal Performance) - Tanya Falan
5. JUST THE TWO OF US (1982 Best R&B Song) - Guy Hovis & Ralna English
6. FREEWAY OF LOVE (1986 Best R&B song) - orchestra featuring Henry Cuesta on clarinet solo
7. ME AND MRS. JONES (1973 Best Male R&B Vocal) - Jimmy Roberts
8. YOU OUGHTA KNOW (1996 Best Rock Song) - Sandi Griffiths, Gail Farrell and Mary Lou Metzger
9. BLACK HOLE SUN (1995 Best Hard Rock Performance) - Myron Floren on accordion
11. BILLIE JEAN (1984 Best Male R&B Vocal) - Joe Feeney with Bob Ralston at the Thomas Organ
12. COPACABANA "AT THE COPA" (1978 Best Male Pop Performance) - Anacani
13. LIGHT MY FIRE (1969 Best Male Pop Performance) - Buddy Merrill and Neil Levang at guitar
14. IF YOU LEAVE ME NOW (1977 Best Pop Performance by a duo or group) - Norma Zimmer
15. JUMP JIVE AN' WAIL (1999 Best Pop Performance by a duo or group) - Bobby Burgess and Cissy King dancing
16. MIAMI VICE THEME (1986 Best Pop Instrumental) - the orchestra
17. WHEN I FALL IN LOVE (1997 Best Pop Collaboration with vocals) - Dick Dale and Gail Farrell
18. SHUT UP AND KISS ME (1995 Best Female Country Performance) - Ava Barber
19. NEVER KNEW LOVE LIKE THIS BEFORE (1981 Best R&B Song) - Gail, Sandi, Mary Lou, Anacani, Cissy, Dick, Ken, Joe, Clay and Jimmy