Monday, November 26, 2007

The Monday after Thanksgiving musings

For once, I wish it would stop raining! It's rather gloomy and overcast back here in Toledo.

However, I did get to tape show three of Gail Farrell's first tour of duty on Match Game......that's cool, all I need now is the first show and my set is complete!

I'm gonna get started on my Christmas shopping in about a week (my annual trip to Great Lakes Crossing), as soon as I can get my paycheck. Once you get older, your Xmas wish list gets a bit shorter and trying to find presents for family gets a bit harder.

Normally, I avoid politics on my blog....but this does have a relation to the Musical Family.

Senator Trent Lott of Mississippi is retiring.

While most of the country knows him as a U.S. Senator, we Welk fans know him for being good friends with Guy Hovis, in fact Guy runs the Senator's state offices back in Mississippi. It's most likely Senator Lott will either spend more time back home with his family or find employment as a lobbyist.

Or maybe he'll have the spare time going to see Guy & Ralna in concert, or perhaps be one of many celebrities doing the cha cha in the next season of Dancing With The Stars!

Which by the way.....the finals are tonight.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: