Hello again fellow Welkies!
This past weekend, we got the second-to-last "new" episode of the season, a musical salute to the works of George Gershwin which originally aired in 1972.
And let's go to the highlights!
Clay Hart wears a cowboy hat.....
Ralna gives Guy the evil eye.....
.....and Tanya flirts with Buddy Merrill.
THE GREAT GERSHWIN - November 11, 1972
1. OF THEE I SING - Ken, Mary Lou, Bobby, Cissy, Gail, Dick, Tanya , Jimmy, Ralna & Guy
2. I GOT RHYTHM - tap danced by Arthur Duncan
3. SOMEONE TO WATCH OVER ME - Norma Zimmer
4. RHAPSODY IN BLUE - Bob Ralston at the piano
5. NICE WORK IF YOU CAN GET IT - Ken Delo
6. THE MAN I LOVE - danced by Bobby Burgess and Cissy King
7. LET'S CALL THE WHOLE THING OFF - Guy Hovis and Ralna English
8. DO, DO, DO - Sandi Griffiths and Sally Flynn
9. SOMEBODY LOVES ME - the orchestra
10. BIDIN' MY TIME - Clay Hart (also on guitar)
11. I'VE GOT A CRUSH ON YOU - Tanya Falan with Buddy Merrill on guitar
12. SWANEE - Jimmy Roberts with Neil Levang on banjo, Bob Ralston at piano, Richard Maloof on tuba and Jack Imel on spoons
13. SUMMERTIME - Joe Livoti on violin with Bob Ralston at the Thomas organ
14. MINE - Dick Dale with Gail Farrell and Mary Lou Metzger
15. LADY BE GOOD - Henry Cuesta on clarinet with Neil Levang on guitar, Richard Maloof on bass and Johnny Klein on drums
16. LIZA - Myron Floren on the PAN accordion
17. LOVED WALKED IN - Joe Feeney with Bob Ralston at piano
18. S'WONDERFUL - Bob Havens on trombone with Bob Smale at piano and featuring Arthur, Cissy, Bobby, Mary Lou, Dick, Gail, Norma, Jimmy, Guy, Ralna, Tanya and Ken
Once again, the Music Makers hit another one out of the park with a fine hours' worth of music and entertainment.
Henry Cuesta had just joined the orchestra as the Lawrence's featured clarinet player, and even though he jokingly chided him about getting a haircut, you can tell that the Maestro really thought the world of Henry and his musical talents.
And up until Henry's passing in 2003, fans like myself shared the Maestro's sentiments.
On a lighter note, I thought Tanya's rendition of "I've Got a Crush On You" was cute. One can only imagine what thoughts ran through Buddy Merrill's head.
Oh well, until next time, remember to keep a song in your heart and while you say oysters, I say errsters!
John Lydon Supports Donald Trump, Nigel Farage, Brexit
8 minutes ago