Everyone is on the move, in all walks of life.
That is what America is all about, and it's also this past weekend's Lawrence Welk episode.
And here are the highlights!
Jack Imel fights Snoopy as the Red Baron.....
Dick Dale has gone bananas.....
......and the Orange Blossom Special runs thru a suburban residence.
AMERICA ON THE MOVE - November 1, 1975
1. GOTTA TRAVEL ON - Cissy, Bobby, Mary Lou, Ken, Gail, Jimmy, Anacani, Tom
2. STRANGER ON THE SHORE - Henry Cuesta on clarinet
3. LEAVING ON A JET PLANE - Guy Hovis and Ralna English
4. FLY ME TO THE MOON - Tom Netherton with Myron Floren on accordion, Neil Levang on guitar, Richard Maloof on bass and percussion work by Jack Imel and Bob Lido
5. WHEELS - danced by Bobby Burgess and Cissy King
6. LAZY RIVER - the orchestra
7. ON THE ATCHINSON, TOPEKA and SANTA FE - Sandi Griffiths, Gail Farrell, Anacani and Tanya Falan
8. MEDLEY OF SONGS FROM "THE BAND WAGON" - the orchestra
9. CUANTO LA GUSTA - Diane, Donna, Valerie, Jo Ann, Audrey and Michelle Semonski
10. CHATTANOOGA CHOO CHOO - sung and danced by Mary Lou Metzger and Jack Imel with Sandi, Gail and Ken
11. RED SAILS IN THE SUNSET - Norma Zimmer and Jimmy Roberts
12. TIJUANA TAXI - the orchestra
13. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HOUSE - Larry Hooper
14. TAKE THE A TRAIN - tap danced by Arthur Duncan with Sandi, Gail, Ralna and Norma
15. BY THE TIME I GET TO PHOENIX - Ava Barber
16. THE BANANA BOAT SONG - Dick Dale with Gail, Sandi and Mary Lou
17. CHARLIE ON THE M.T.A - Ken Delo
18. THOSE MAGNIFICENT MEN IN THOSE FLYING MACHINES - Larry, Arthur, Bobby, Anacani, Joe, Tom, Tanya, Jimmy, Gail, Guy, Ralna, Mary Lou, Cissy, Norma with Bob Havens on trombone, Jack Imel with percussion work, Richard Maloof on tuba, Russ Klein on saxophone and Charlie Parlato on trumpet
If you're one of the fellow Americans that are on the move, remember the enjoy the journey even with all the traffic and high gas prices.
The Maestro and his Musical Family have been on the move plenty of times over the years, by plane, train and car they toured the country on their concert tours to places across America where they are greeted by loyal fans.
More proof that an America that's on the move is a very good thing.
So until next time, keep a song in your heart and keep your feet on the move!