This week's episode, Lawrence and his Musical Family salutes the show's most loyal fans, the seniors.
Highlights from the show include.....
The Maestro gets mobbed by the ladies.....
Ken Delo takes the A Train.....
.....and Jack Imel enjoys a nice tall cold one.
SALUTE TO OUR SENIOR CITIZENS - March 21, 1981
1. DEARIE - Micheal, Sheila, Ron, Gail, Jimmy, Kathie, Ralna, Guy, Mary Lou, Ken, Sherry, Roger
2. DON'T LET THE GOOD LIFE PASS YOU BY - Ava Barber
3. SWEET AND LOVELY - the orchestra
4. WHEN YOU AND I WERE YOUNG MAGGIE - Guy Hovis & Ralna English
5. YOUNG AT HEART - the orchestra featuring Skeets Herfurt in saxophone
6. PRECIOUS MEMORIES - Sheila and Sherry Aldridge with David and Roger Otwell
7. I LOVE TO DANCE LIKE THEY USED TO DANCE - Ron Anderson, Ken Delo, Michael Redman with Bobby Burgess and Elaine Balden dancing
8. AS TIME GOES BY - Tom Netherton with Bob Ralston at the piano
9. YOU'RE AN OLD SMOOTHIE - the orchestra featuring Myron Floren on accordion with Lawrence doing a tag dance with the ladies
10. MEDLEY OF SONGS FROM ANNIE GET YOUR GUN - the orchestra with George Cates conducting
11. AMONG MY SOUVENIRS - Kathie Sullivan
12. WHEN I'M SIXTY-FOUR - Mary Lou Metzger and Jack Imel
13. LETS GO DANCE AGAIN - Ron Anderson, Gail Farrell and Michael Redman with Bob Smale at the piano
14. TRY TO REMEMBER - Jim Turner
15. NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE RAILROADS ANYMORE - Ken Delo with assist by Mary Lou Metzger and Arthur Duncan
16. EVERYTHING'S COMING UP ROSES - danced by Arthur Duncan
17. THE WALTZ OF THE BELLS - the orchestra with Richard Maloof on bass, Paul Humphrey on bells and danced by Lawrence and Mary Lou joined by Bobby and Elaine, Jack and Kathie and Micheal and Sheila
If you noticed that Anacani does not appear in this episode, at the time of taping she was being filmed for her part for the Luis Valdez movie Zoot Suit where she played a Pachuca vocalist.
Also, Jimmy Roberts does appear in this week's show, but strangely he does not have a solo number.
The next new episode won't be until November 5th so the next three weeks will be repeats, but as always until next time.....keep a song in your heart and take plenty of Geritol to feel stronger fast!