It's time to give thanks this week!
For family, freedom, the food we eat, and this weekend's Lawrence Welk episode which is the Thanksgiving show from 1981.
Here are the highlights,
Elaine kicks Bobby in the schnozz.....
Charlie Parlato discovers that girls dig trumbetta players.....
.....and Lawrence gets served.
THANKSGIVING - November 21, 1981
1. THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS - Ron, Michael, Ken, Bobby, Gail, Anacani, Elaine, Mary Lou, Roger, Sherry, Jim, Ava, Jimmy, David, Sheila, Arthur, Joe and Kathie
2. A HOUSE WITH LOVE IN IT - Guy Hovis and Ralna English
3. ON MOONLIGHT BAY - the orchestra
4. PUT YOUR HAND IN THE HAND - Anacani
5. TURKEY IN THE STRAW - danced by Bobby Burgess and Elaine Balden
6. WHOLE LOTTA THINGS TO SING ABOUT - Sheila & Sherry Aldridge and David & Roger Otwell
7. LOVE LIFTED ME - Henry Cuesta on clarinet
8. BY AND BY & IN THE SWEET BY AND BY - Gail Farrell, Ron Anderson and Michael Redman
9. A HOLIDAY FOR STRINGS - the orchestra conducted by George Cates
10. SEVENTY SIX TROMBONES - the orchestra
11. BE THANKFUL - Joe Feeney with backing vocals by Ava, Kathie, Sherry, Gail, Ralna, Mary Lou, Anacani, Sheila, David, Roger, Jim, Guy, Michael, Ron and Jimmy
12. BACK IN YOUR OWN BACKYARD - sung and danced by Arthur Duncan and Ken Delo
13. SINGING HYMNS IN THE EVENING (BY THE FIREPLACE) - Kathie Sullivan with Bob Ralston at the Hammond organ
14. WHAT IS THIS THING CALLED LOVE - the orchestra
15. YOU'RE THE REASON GOD MADE OKLAHOMA - Ava Barber and Jim Turner
16. BABY FACE - Bob Lido with Gail Farrell, Sheila Aldridge, Sherry Aldridge featuring Bob Havens on trombone, Russ Klein on saxophone, Charlie Parlato on trumbetta and Jack Imel on drums and musical spoons
17. THE SKATERS WALTZ - Myron Floren on accordion with Lawrence and Mary Lou Metzger dancing
18. WE GATHER TOGETHER - Ralna English with vocal backing from the cast
It's true, we all have plenty to be thankful for. Friends, Family and Good Health.
Until next time, keep a song in your heart and may your Thanksgiving turkey be plump, juicy and delicious!
Bella Hadid Apologizes For Fyre Festival Disaster
20 minutes ago